Dependence Jio has propelled JioMeet, another video conferencing application for India. JioMeet is a cross-stage administration, which implies it is bolstered on all major working frameworks including Android, iOS, Windows 10, macOS and the web. In this article, we’ll be investigating JioMeet. From the start, the application looks a great deal like Zoom, which has detonated in ubiquity during the progressing pandemic. It needs to be India’s Zoom and we’re going to reveal to you all that you have to think about the application.
What is JioMeet
JioMeet is another video conferencing application. In contrast to Zoom, JioMeet is totally free at the present time and accompanies highlights, for example, video calls with up to 100 members, screen-sharing, planned gatherings, and so forth.
How to download JioMeet
JioMeet is a cross-stage video conferencing application that you can download on iPhone by visiting the App Store, and by means of Google Play on Android gadgets. You can likewise download the JioMeet application on Windows, or Mac. Moreover, in the event that you don’t wish to download the application, at that point you can likewise get to JioMeet on bolstered programs — Google Chrome and Firefox by visiting its site.
How to create an account on JioMeet
You can make a JioMeet account by means of versatile or work area application. Follow these means.
- In the event that you’ve just downloaded the application, feel free to dispatch the application.
- On the home-screen, tap Sign Up > enter your name and email/portable number > consent to the organization’s terms and conditions and tap Done.
- On the following screen, you’ll be required to enter an OTP, in the event that you enlisted through your portable number or you’ll need to confirm your email account by visiting your post box in the event that you decided to enlist by means of email.
- In addition, you can likewise pursue JioMeet through the web. Basically visit the site, jiomeetpro.jio.com/home on Google Chrome or Firefox. When the site is stacked, hit Sign Up and rehash the previous advances.
How to host or join a meeting
Follow these means to have another gathering on JioMeet through your cell phone.
- Open the application > sign in > tap New Meeting.
- On the following screen, select on the off chance that you wish to keep your video on or off. Underneath that, you’ll see a flip that says, Use Personal Meeting ID. Turn it on to produce your own gathering ID and secret word.
- When done, tap Start Meeting. To welcome members, tap Participants > tap Invite > you can either duplicate the connection and physically share it or you can essentially tap upheld application and afterward select a client to impart the connection to.
To begin another gathering on a PC, follow these means.
- Open the application > sign in > click the down bolt close to New Meeting and check both the alternatives > click New Meeting to begin.
- To welcome members, click Participants > click Invite > click the referenced email administrations to proceed or you can duplicate the URL or greeting and send it to others by means of other accessible administrations, for example, WhatsApp Web or Facebook Messenger.
You can likewise have a gathering by means of JioMeet’s site by means of these means.
- Visit the site, jiomeetpro.jio.com/home > sign in > click Host a Meeting.
- To welcome members, rehash the means proposed for the JioMeet work area application.
Correspondingly, to join a gathering on JioMeet — in case you’re utilizing the administration on a cell phone, follow these means.
- Open the application > tap Join a Meeting. You don’t should be signed in to join a gathering on JioMeet.
- Presently feel free to enter the Meeting ID > enter your name > audit your joining alternatives > tap Join Meeting > enter the gathering secret phrase and you’re all set.
- Rehash similar strides for joining a gathering on JioMeet application on your PC.
Aside from this, in the event that you wish to join a gathering by means of the web, look at these means.
- Visit jiomeetpro.jio.com/home on Google Chrome or Firefox > click Join a Meeting > enter the gathering ID and snap Join.
- On the following screen, click the snap here catch. Presently click start from your program. Presently, enter the gathering secret word and your name and hit Join.
How to schedule a meeting
To plan another gathering on JioMeet by means of your cell phone, this is what you have to do.
- Open the application > sign in > tap Schedule.
- On the following screen, enter the gathering subject, alter when the gathering starts and its term.
- Underneath you will discover Meeting choices and Advanced choices, you can empower or handicap the ones as per your inclination. At last, tap Done to plan your gathering.
- To get to and deal with a booked gathering, tap Meetings > tap the one that you’d prefer to oversee > select on the off chance that you need to begin the gathering, add it to your schedule, include invitees or erase it.
To plan a gathering by means of JioMeet on your PC, follow these means.
- Open the application > sign in > click Schedule.
- Next, enter the gathering point, alter the term, alter the video choices, pick in the event that you wish to add the gathering to Outlook, alter the Advanced choices and hit Schedule. Your booked gatherings show up on the application’s homescreen.
- To get to and deal with a planned gathering, click the three-specks symbol directly close to a gathering > pick your activity as per your inclination.
Finally, to plan a gathering on JioMeet by means of the web, this is the thing that you have to do.
- Visit jiomeetpro.jio.com/home on Google Chrome or Firefox > sign in > click Schedule a Meeting.
- On the following screen, enter the gathering point, alter the date, time and length, oversee and pick the Audio, Video and Meeting alternatives as per your inclination > hit Save.
- To get to and deal with a planned gathering, click the profile symbol > on the left, click Meetings. Your planned gatherings will appear under the Upcoming Meetings tab. You can tap on the ideal gathering to alter or erase it.
How to share screen on JioMeet
JioMeet lets you share your screen in a gathering, while you’re utilizing the application on your telephone, PC or the web. Follow these means.
To share your screen while utilizing JioMeet on iOS, follow these means.
- Tap Share from the gathering screen > tap Screen Share Start > tap Start Broadcast.
- To stop, tap Stop Share > tap Screen Share Stop > tap Stop Broadcast.
To share your screen while utilizing JioMeet on Android, follow these means.
- Tap Share from the gathering screen > from the spring up that shows up, tap Start Now to begin.
- To stop screen sharing, tap Stop Share > tap Stop Share.
In addition, you can likewise Share Screen from the application’s home screen. To do that, follow these means.
- Open the application > sign in > tap Share Screen > enter the Meeting ID and secret word.
- You’ll currently join the gathering and you’ll likewise get a spring up inquiring as to whether you need to begin sharing your screen, feel free to tap Start Broadcast or Start Share.
- To stop screen sharing, tap Stop Share > tap Stop Share.
To share your screen while utilizing JioMeet on a PC, follow these means.
- Tap Share Screen from the gathering screen.
- On the following screen, you can either pick Desktop to share whatever there is on your PC screen or you can look over the individual applications/screens referenced. When you’ve settled on your decision, tap Share Screen to begin.
- To stop screen sharing, tap the red Stop sharing catch present at the head of the gathering window.
Lamentably, the screen sharing element doesn’t chip away at the Web rendition of JioMeet.
JioMeet has just propelled as of late and therefore, there aren’t that numerous highlights or even elite ones, that separates it from its rivals. While utilizing JioMeet on your telephone, you can tap More to get to a couple of cutting edge includes, and we’ve recorded the best ones underneath.
- By going in Meeting Settings, clients can decide to Lock or Unlock a gathering. When you’ve bolted a gathering, more members (aside from the ones who are as of now there) won’t have the option to join.
- Plus, you can likewise flip on highlights, for example, play toll on section or leave, show name of a member when they join and quiet members on passage.
- From the gathering, the host can likewise quiet all members without a moment’s delay by hitting the Participants tab and choosing quiet all.
- The PC application is pretty barebones with the main choices present being the capacity to talk among members and sharing your screens. Then again, the web rendition of JioMeet trades the screen offering highlight to recording a gathering. In any case, during our testing, we had a go at recording gatherings through the Web yet once we halted the account, the recorded clasp was mysteriously gone on our PC. We trust it is fixed soon in a future form of the administration.
Is JioMeet safe to use?
On JioMeet’s site, the organization asserts that gatherings on JioMeet are encoded. Notwithstanding, aside from this, the organization hasn’t uncovered any insights about start to finish encryption yet. Albeit, a brief glance at the organization’s security strategy uncovers that the organization will gather your own information, for example, your name, age, sexual orientation and so on alongside data about the items and administrations you are keen on. No significant protection issues have surfaced at the hour of composing.
Similarities with Zoom
We have just referenced before in this article the JioMeet application looks really like the Zoom application outwardly. In any case, with regards to the highlights, all the fundamental ones found on the Zoom application are accessible on JioMeet too, compensating for comparable client experience. Rather, when utilizing Zoom, you just get 40 minutes of free video conferencing without a moment’s delay for up to 100 members, however with JioMeet, there’s no such time limit and the administration is free for up to 100 members. In any case, JioMeet is still at a beginning phase and to all the more likely contend with Zoom, it despite everything needs to include a huge amount of additional highlights, for example, the capacity to record gatherings by means of the PC application, or the capacity to share your screen by means of the web customer, or changing your experience.